9.06.2013

Honey-Almond No-Bakes


This are my favorite no-bake cookies ever! And they call for more simple ingredients and feel more wholesome than regular recipes. I hope you love them as much as we do! 


Ingredients: 

• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1/4 - 1/3 cup honey (do the whole 1/3 cup for a sweeter cookie)
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 2 T flaked coconut (optional)
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw almonds (optional; subbing raisins or dried cranberries is good too)




Directions

  1. Melt the butter, peanut butter and honey in a pot over medium heat, until smooth.
  2. Remove from heat and fold in the remaining ingredients.
  3. Drop in small mounds on parchment paper.
  4. Let cool on the counter or in the fridge. I like to store them in an airtight container in the fridge, I think they taste extra good cold.

4 comments:

  1. These look super yum, and I'm all about no bake with this dumb hot weather we've been having down where I am. I have all the ingredients but the flaxseed... do you think they'd turn out OK without including that ingredient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think that's how great without it. Maybe use 3 tablespoons of a Nother dry ingredient like Oats, instead. Let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...totally gluten, egg and milk free (if I use margarine). Will try them--maybe I'll modify and add some unsweetened cocoa too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coconut oil might be a good switch for the butter too! Let me know how you like them, and how they are with cocoa!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!

Search Our Blog

Pageviews

Translate