10.22.2013

Our Perfect Boy

Introducing...


"Lil' Man," as he will be known on this blog.

Weighing in at approximately 6 and a half pounds and with a head full of soft fuzzy hair, this beautiful boy is miraculously ours. His incredible birth parents signed papers tonight. We are in awe of them. We are in awe of him too. He's our Halloween miracle! ;) 


Bean loves her baby brother. He is still in the NICU, we don't know when we get to bring him home, so she has yet to realize what exactly is going on, but she is very sweet and gentle with him so far. We asked her what she thought we should name baby brother, and she said "Wah wah," as in "The babies on the bus say..." (from the song "Wheels on the bus"...??) We laughed and she laughed too, thinking herself quite funny, and said we should name him "Shh shh" instead ("The parents on the bus say...) We are thrilled for Bean to have a little brother, and for Lil' Man to have Bean as his big sis. We have every hope that they'll be the very best of friends.


Do we look exhausted already? It hasn't sunk in yet. WE HAVE A BABY! We adore little Lil' Man, and are so grateful for the mounds of love we've already felt pouring in since his very sudden, surprising arrival. We felt that same love when Bean was born. It's the pure love of Christ, and we are so grateful for the good friends we have, you guys, who lift us up and do so much to help our little family out. We feel so fortunate, and so blessed. We love y'all! 


We'll keep you posted on more details about Lil' Man later on, and I have a ton of old blog posts I forgot to post that I might get around to sometime, but for now, this will have to do because I am super tired. Love and hugs to you all!

27 comments:

  1. This makes me so happy!!! Congrats to y'all! What a beautiful family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me so happy!!! Congrats to y'all! What a beautiful family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled for your beautiful, perfect little family!! Can hardly wait to hear details and I hope it doesn't take forever to get a chance to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you guys! He is beautiful and you are all just radiating happiness. Reading this made my night. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Lanette! You are a wonderful mother and I'm absolutely thrilled that you're able to add another special spirit to your family!! Hope you get some rest over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the happiness and pure joy on your faces. You can tell this boy will be well loved. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I'm so happy for you. You're going to have so much fun with the two of them. I can't wait to hear his story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY! Congratulations to you guys! (Two other friends of mine posted on Facebook this morning that their babies were born, but yours was the biggest surprise!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, YAAAAAAY!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And we're going to have babies almost exactly the same age! That is going to be so cool!) So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy for you guys! May have cried a bit this morning after reading your post...tears of joy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys! I hope he is able to come home soon! I can't wait to hear all about his story!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! He is adorable!!! What a cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a big surprise!!! I am weeping happy tears of joy for you. Iris will love him--it's the trying to keep her from OVER loving (or poking and prodding) him that will be hardest. ;) Congratulations, what a wonderful blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful Wonderful news! We are so excited for you. We hope he gets to come home soon and be a part of your sweet family full time! Take a nap or two while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello my name is: cousin who reads your blog avidly but fails to comment. :) So happy for you, babies really are miracles and so delighted that this precious and beautiful boy is yours. I am giving you hugs because having a baby in the hospital longer than you want them to be is hard, but I know you already know that. You all have such a sweet glow and I love name Mack. We have a little guy in our neighborhood named Eli Mac and they are comtemplating on calling him Mac because there are so many eli's. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sudden was it?? I can't wait to hear details! Seeing adoptions happen always gives me hope for any and all of our future adoptions. Congrats! We're really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to read the story about how he was blessed to come into your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! What a wonderful Halloween surprise! Hope he is able to come home soon and whatever is keeping him in the nicu will be healed quickly. Love and prayers for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm finally getting a chance to get on my actual computer so I can comment on this. I was so happily surprised to read this, and am elated for your cute little family of four! Mack is just adorable. I honestly can't wait to hear the story of him being placed in your arms and all the other details about him! What a huge miracle and blessing... that last picture of your whole family just fills me to the brim with happiness for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay! I'm so happy for you Lanette! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the last family picture—you are glowing! What a beautiful family. Congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting!

Search Our Blog

Pageviews

Translate