I saw this recipe and immediately knew I had to make it. Shaun loves french toast, and he loves pumpkin. Perfect happy hubby meal.
- 3/4 cup milk (we use whole)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp organic sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- About 8 slices thick bread (I used homemade white wheat bread)
- Pure maple syrup and butter to top french toast
- Preheat a nonstick electric griddle to 350F (or a nonstick skillet on the stove heated to medium heat). If necessary, grease your griddle.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together milk, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger until well combined. Pour into a wide, shallow dish (I use the ikea kids bowls).
- Dip slices of bread one at a time in egg mixture, coating each side.
- Transfer to griddle and cook until golden brown on bottom, then flip and cook opposite side. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.