10.28.2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles with White Chocolate Chips



These cookies were a big, big experiment. I saw a recipe on Pinterest (from Sally's Baking Addiction) for something very much like these, so I bought white chocolate chips and pumpkin and finally, one night when the kids were in bed and the husband was out, it was baking time! But my internet was down so I ended up winging the entire recipe. It was exhilarating and terrifying, but I wrote down what I did so I could compare with the source later in case they flopped. But I loved our cookies, even though they're pretty different. We gobbled these up. My favorite pumpkin cookies I've made yet!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened 
  • 1 cup organic sugar, plus extra for rolling
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for rolling
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat pastry)
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips (I use Guittard)

Directions

  1. Cream together the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. 
  2. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla until combined. 
  3. Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix in well. 
  4. Fold in flour until there are no streaks and carefully stir in white chocolate. 
  5. Chill dough for about 30 minutes-ish to get it more manageable. While dough is chilling, preeat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix together cinnamon (about 1 T) and sugar (about 1/3 cup) in a large, shallow bowl. (I like using the kids' ikea plates.) 
  6. Roll chilled dough into balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool a bit before removing to a cooling rack. I enjoy these cookies most when they're completely cooled off a day after making. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!

Search Our Blog

Pageviews

Translate