12.16.2014

Recipe: Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips



These decadent cookies are perfect for Christmas. They're tart and sweet and buttery and really just fabulous. For the record, I do not particularly like white chocolate, but in these cookies it really works. These have been my favorite Christmas cookie this year. I can't get enough of their beautiful buttery goodness!  I adapted the recipe (after much trial and error to get these just how I wanted them!) from Roxana's Home Baking. Her original recipe is good, but I wanted these to be less dense, thick and cakey--I was hoping for a little flatter and more crisp on the outside soft on the inside, as well as more buttery tasting and less sweet. Hence the changes I made. I hope you like them! The fresh cranberries are delicious, I've always been scared of them but they work so well here. And I really can't get over how pretty these are... ;)
---

Cranberry Cookies with White Chocolate Chips

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
  • 1 cup organic sugar (scant--err on the side of a bit less than a cup)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1-1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped into halves or quarters
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix in baking powder and salt before stirring in 1 cup of flour. Add the remaining half cup of flour gradually, you may not need it all. You want a nice, thick dough but you don't want it to be crumbly, so if it's getting close to looking to dry and crumbled stop with the flour. Gently fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips. 
  2. Roll into balls and arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 F for about 12-14 minutes, until the cookies are just barely starting to turn golden. Allow to cool completely before serving. 

And, off-topic: This video is amazing. I imagine many of you have seen it already, but if not it's definitely worth watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!

Search Our Blog

Pageviews

Translate