1.24.2015

The Perfect Football Party Recipe: Cookies and Cream Dessert Cheeseball


I have to admit that we're not big football people. Watching a game of football live, in a stadium, now I think that's fun. (As long as the weather is reasonably pleasant.) But watching games on the TV is just not our thing, and I'm really glad that Shaun agrees with me on this. Themed food, however, is totally our thing. Maybe I should say my thing; I'm not sure if Shaun wants to be lumped into that with me. Anyway. With the Superbowl coming up, I thought it may be a good time to share this festive recipe for your own festivities. For LilMan's birthday, we had a Rookie Year themed party, and I had a bit too much fun with the themed food. This football cheeseball was a total hit, but beware: It makes a TON! You can really feed a massive crowd with this baby. Or you can just eat all of the leftovers yourself and get a horrible stomach ache like I may've. I'm pretty sure the former is a better idea. Serve with pretzels for a tasty sweet and salty combo, or with apples (my favorite way to eat this!). Or with whatever else sounds good to you.
---

Cookies and Cream Dessert Cheeseball

Ingredients 
  • 3 boxes cream cheese, softened 
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened 
  • 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (I use the organic kind, not because I think they're healthy, but because I like the ingredient list more :)  )
  • Pretzels, apple slices, and whatever else you want to dip
Directions
  1. Finely crush chocolate cookies. Set aside 1 cup to fold into the mixture and save the rest for the exterior. 
  2. Whip together cream cheese and butter in a standing mixer. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and sea salt. When everything is well-combined and fluffy, slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix well. 
  3. Spoon 1/2 cup of mixture into a ziplock bag and set aside.  
  4. Gently fold in 1 cup crushed cookies into the mixer bowl. On a large plate or platter, spoon out the cream cheese mixture, and form it into a large football shape. (It should hold its form pretty well, if not, chill it in the fridge for a while before the next step.) 
  5. Top with crushed cookie crumbs, pressing in all around the exterior, and refrigerate until firm, for at least 3 hours or overnight.  
  6. Wipe off the perimeter of the plate to make everything look tidy, and use the reserved cream cheese mixture to add the details. Snip a small hole in the corner of the baggie and decorate. Refrigerate until serving. 
  7. Serve with pretzels and apple or whatever else you fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting!

Search Our Blog

Pageviews

Translate